Thursday 24 April 2008

Scrap your day




Tomorrow; the 25th April; is the first day of Scrap your life, a challenge from Shimelle over on UKS that will be running for a year.


I am so looking forward to this challenge, my book is getting there, my batteries are charged, my camera is upstairs ready and waiting till the morning.


The idea of this challenge is to record a day in my life every month, the same day every month, namely the 25th of each month, some days will show the good, some days will show the bad, but all of these days make up a year in my life.


People are going mad over at UKS about this challenge and are at this moment working up to fever pitch about it:)


The other thing that will be going on this weekend is the cyber crop at UKS, actually the Scrap your life challenge is part of the cyber crop, I have completed the sketch pre crop challenge and here it is:)

sorry about the bad picture lol


Others over on UKS have been a lot more organised than me and most have completed all of the pre crop challenges, and what fantastic work they have all put into them:)

Away from scrapping for a moment I had some great news last night:) I went onto UCAS to see if my application for University has been accepted and My God it has, I have been accepted to the University of Kent, in Canterbury. In October I will be starting Uni life and will be there for three years, studying Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. I am so excited and just so happy about it.

Another thing I need to say is that for the past 9 weeks I have been living and working with a fractured elbow wityhout knowing it. I fell over In February and landed heavily onto my elbow, went to hospital and had xrays, they said that nothing was broken it was just swollen and bruised. OK I thought, so I carried on as normal, carrrying stuff around, working etc. Well, the pain just wouldn't go away so two weeks ago I went back to hospital to get it checked again, more xrays were taken and again a nurse said that he couldn't see any break, but he would get the xrays checked. I came away from there in agony because of the way he pulled my arm about, but again thinking ok so it's still just bruised. But, OH NO!! When I got back from a day out to Rye with my sister last Monday I get told that the hospital had phoned and I need to phone them back. It turns out that I have a fracture in my elbow, so at this moment I am off work, but luckily the consultant says I can go back on Monday, just have to be careful with my arm. I didn't get to have a plaster cast put on as i fractured it so long ago now and it wouldn't do any good.

Damn, this is the first time in my life i have ever broken any of my bones and I don't get a cast, how sad am I to want a cast LOL.

Anyway, I had better get this book finished for the Scrap your life challenge, as soon as it is finished I will put pics here.

later. x

No comments:

Post a Comment